Supervisor - Hospice Volunteer Programs in Portland, Oregon
To Apply, go to www.providenceiscalling.jobsand then search for 216272
Description: Providence is calling a Supervisor - Hospice Volunteer Programs (1.0 FTE, Days) to Providence Home Services Building in Portland, OR.
In this position, you will:
· Be responsible for Hospice Volunteer programs. Includes supervision of Volunteer program staff. Represent the Volunteer program on the Hospice Leadership Team.
· Be responsible for event planning and coordination activities for special projects across multiple programs and service areas that benefit hospice program which include; Light Up A Life Festival of the Trees, Camp Erin,Portland with the Saturday Gatherings and Memorial Gatherings.
Uphold the standards of confidentiality, attendance and punctuality.
Required qualifications for this position include:
· Bachelors degree in social services, counseling, liberal arts or related field
· 2 years of experience in volunteer organizations
· 2 years of experience with event planning and coordination of activities within assigned organization and in the community
· 2 years of experience in management role
· Valid driver's license and reliable transportation
· Driving record consistent with GOP Safe Driving Policy 330 Incident Point Matrix at time of hire
· In compliance with the Providence Health & Services-OR, criminal background check is required for this position, based on assigned duties
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
· Hospice and bereavement program experience
· Experience with interfaith and community organizations
About Providence in Oregon
As the largest healthcare system and largest private employer in Oregon, Providence offers exceptional work environments and unparalleled career opportunities.
The Providence Experience begins each time our patients or their families have an encounter with a Providence team member and continues throughout their visit or stay. Whether you provide direct or indirect patient care, we want our patients to feel that they are in a welcoming place where they can be comfortable and free from anxiety. Our employees create the Providence Experience through simple, caring behaviors such as acknowledging and welcoming each visitor, introducing ourselves and Providence, addressing people by name, providing the duration of estimated wait times and updating frequently if timelines change, explaining situations in a way that puts patients at ease, carefully listening to their concerns, and always thanking people for trusting Providence for their healthcare needs. At Providence, our quality vision is simple,
"Providence will provide the best care and service to every person, every time."
Providence is consistently ranked among the top 100 companies to work for in Oregon. It is also home to two of our award-winning Magnet medical centers. Providence hospitals and clinics are located in numerous areas, ranging from the Columbia Gorge to the wine country to sunny southern Oregon to charming coastal communities to the urban setting of Portland. If you want a vibrant lifestyle while working with a team highly committed to the art of healing, choose from our many options in Oregon.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As expressions of God’s healing love, witnessed through the ministry of Jesus, we are steadfast in serving all, especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
Providence Health & Services is a not-for-profit Catholic network of hospitals, care centers, health plans, physicians, clinics, home health care and services guided by a Mission of caring the Sisters of Providence began over 160 years ago. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Non-Clinical Lead/Supervisor/Manager
Req ID: 216272