Hello, my organization is reposting this position due to some recruiting changes here. Please let me know if you have any questions, and share with anyone you know that may be interested.
Job Title: Program Manager – Hands On Greater Portland
Reports to: Senior Manager – Hands On Greater Portland
Department: Community Impact
Schedule: M-F 8:00am – 5:00pm, must be able to work a flexible schedule with the possibility of evening/weekend work.
Location: Portland, Oregon. *This position is mostly remote during the COVID-19 pandemic*
Pay Rate: $20.00 - $25.00/hour, dependent on experience
Overall Purpose of this Role
Hands On Greater Portland (HOGP) serves at the volunteer center for Multnomah and Washington Counties and makes more than 20,000 volunteer connections a year with 250+ nonprofit partners. Key responsibilities of the Program Manager (PM) include managing volunteer center partnerships with nonprofits seeking volunteer support. The PM develops and maintains relationships with nonprofit partners and Volunteer Leaders (VLs). The PM is part of the team that is responsible for fielding requests for volunteers from our nonprofit partners and aiding them in connecting with our volunteer engagement programs. The PM manages Washington County.
Serve as a staff contact for nonprofit partners and as a primary staff contact for Washington County nonprofit partners:
• Cultivate and foster nonprofit partner relationships with HOGP once they have completed the new partner process.
• Develop and maintain nonprofit partner cultivation strategies.
• Conduct nonprofit partner orientations, one-on-one meetings, and site visits (as needed).
• Help partners navigate the admin website, post volunteer opportunities, and finalize details.
• Assist partners in the development and posting of new calendar projects.
• Solicit and monitor feedback from agency partners regarding projects.
• Manage a program portfolio of partners, VLs, and their related opportunities.
• Responsible for stewardship, support, and training of a portfolio of nonprofits and their corresponding opportunities and VLs.
• Contribute to and attend meetings of key Washington County groups that strategically align with Hands On mission.
• Demonstrate competency utilizing technologies such as Formstack and Salesforce to manage portfolio.
• Participate on nonprofit applicant review team to vet new nonprofit partners.
Co-facilitate Partner Services and help oversee Partner Services goals:
• Collaborate on and support updates and improvements to Partner Services.
• Collaborate on and support updates to Partner Services hard materials (e.g., Partner Training Manual, orientation materials, volunteer posting worksheet, etc.).
• Collaborate on and contribute to nonprofit partner eNewsletters.
• Conduct ongoing surveys to solicit partner feedback.
Special Event Support
• Identify partners, develop projects, match VLs, etc., for Signature Service Events and corporate volunteer events.
Oversee HOGP Communications
• Create and send volunteer outreach and recruitment email communications.
• Work with the Corporate Engagement & Events Manager to develop and send email communications for major events.
• Provide oversight of email communication budget and related data.
• Occasionally manage social media streams on behalf of HOGP.
Participate in HOGP Connect Administration
• Support primary Hands On Connect (Salesforce) administrator.
• Run reports, update templates, help manage HOGP Connect updates.
Participate in Hands On Greater Volunteer Intake & Referral
• Participate in shared responsibility of all HOGP team members to answer phones and emails.
• Actively and strategically work cross-departmentally, as needed.
• Participate in Diversity, Equity, Inclusion conversations and trainings within the team and organization.
Supervision and Working Relationships
Supervisory Direction Received: Position works under the general direction of the Senior Manager-Hands On. Work subject to review and evaluation by supervisor.
Working Relationships: United Way/Hands On staff, current and prospective volunteers, local nonprofits, corporate representatives, community members.
Supervises: No direct reports.
Required Education, Skills, Experience, and Training
• 3 years of work or volunteer experience that aligns with this position’s requirements
• Bachelor’s Degree; or a comparable combination of experience and education.
• Bilingual (Spanish or other) preferred, but not required.
• Proficiency with a Windows operating system, MS Word, Excel, Outlook, Internet, and Salesforce programs preferred.
• The ability to learn new programs quickly and efficiently.
• Valid driver’s license, automobile insurance, and access to a reliable vehicle.
• Periodically moves tools and supplies weighing up to 50 pounds from United Way office to volunteer project site and from retail stores such as Home Depot to volunteer project site (several times per month or more).
• Consistently works on volunteer project sites, stooping, kneeling, crawling, reaching, ascending/descending ladders, lifting and moving tools, painting, building, etc. (several times per month or more).
• Consistently works in outdoor weather conditions on volunteer project sites (several times per month or more).
Click to apply: