This position involves hands on work in a retail environment but also acts as the on site point of contact for volunteers. This person would be responsible for participating in recruitment events, onboarding, scheduling, retention, recognition, and general day to day volunteer coordination tasks in addition to general retail tasks.
The Portland Metro ReStores are looking for an energetic, motivated individual to join our professional management team. The ReStore assistant manager is responsible for operations oversight and participation in whatever capacity required for efficient operations, up to and including managing the ReStore, at the directive and in absence of the ReStore manager. Assistant managers oversee, coordinate and manage in store volunteer engagement, including orientation, assignment of tasks, monitoring hours and reports, and carrying out discipline and termination, in coordination with Restore managers. ReStore assistant managers are expected to perform all tasks safely, efficiently, and effectively, and to use polite and respectful communication with staff, volunteers and customers.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Exhibit exemplary leadership and problem solving skills, including addressing unexpected issues and emergencies
- Effectively control all aspects of ReStore operations
- Manage customer and donor issues and complaints professionally and courteously
- Manage time and work-load efficiently, including timely arrivals and reports
- Use tools and equipment, such as a forklift, pallet jacks and dollies to move donations
- Master communication tools, such as telephone, email and 2-way radio
- Adapt to a changing work environment; learn and teach new operations skills as program develops
- Dress appropriately, have a neat appearance and wear ReStore logo and name tag
- Other duties as assigned, including taking a leadership role as needed
- High school diploma or similar, college education a plus
- Excellent reading, writing, communication and basic math skills
- Minimum 1 year customer service experience
- Minimum 1 year staff management experience
- Experience volunteering and/or managing volunteers
Work Environment/Physical Demands
This job operates in an open, warehouse retail environment. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing all day. The employee must frequently lift, move and/or load items over 50 pounds.
Starting Salary: $16.50/hour and includes full benefits package: medical, dental, vision and alternative care coverage; vacation and sick leave; holidays; flexible spending accounts; and retirement plan.
Position Type: Full-Time/Non-Exempt
APPLICATION PACKETS MUST INCLUDE:
- A complete resume, including dates of employment
- A cover letter addressing how your personal and professional experiences have prepared you for this position
- Three references: two professional and one personal
To apply for the position, submit application materials to firstname.lastname@example.org. Open until filled.
Note: This posting is intended as a guideline only, and does not limit in any way the duties or responsibilities of any employee. Nothing herein shall be construed as a contract of employment, expressed or implied. All employment is terminable at will, with or without cause. Habitat for Humanity Portland/Metro East is an equal opportunity employer.